Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Mazda/Ford pats problem

2477 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: 2021-01-30 00:56:12

•   Level 2   
    (30) points
    Dan Fisk
    2019-12-22 00:23:31
    02 Mazda B3000/Ford Ranger using Maxisys Elite. Trying to program new pats keys. I can access the PATS Functions screen through Service/Body/Security/Pats selections which brings me to Passive Anti-Theft System info screen. When I select OK button the next screen shows "Set the ignition switch to ON". When I hit the OK button it takes me to a screen that says "No Pats functions can be performed unless security access is granted" If I hit the OK button it returns me to the Security/Pats Functions screen.If I don't hit the OK button it never progresses further. I've tried waiting as much as a half hour doing it either way and it will never give Pats functions access. Am I missing a step or is there something else I should be looking for? I have made sure I have erased any fault codes (the only one remaining being P1000 and have also performed a KAM reset. Am using OS V03.50.00, Mazda V7.26 and Maxiflash-Pro FW 4.00 VCI SW version 5.16.00. Thanks in advance for any insight anyone can give.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2019-12-22 00:39:53 (Reply to:Dan Fisk)

Exit Diagnostics and  try going through  Service  or Hot Function Menu. On a 96 T-bird I could not find  power balance test from Diagnostic menu but exited Diagnostics and found it in Service.

•   Level 2   
    (30) points
    Dan Fisk
    2019-12-22 00:46:54 (Reply to:witsend)
      Hi and thanks for your reply witsend but I had already seen your post from previous search of my problem and had tried from both areas. I can access the PATS function menu from both areas and have tried both ways however once in it doesn't seem to progress any further indicating a bad tool  software parameter or link allowing for the functions or some other fault. I can see all data pids for the PATS system, it just seems Autel won't let me access to program them. After much more diagnosis on my own and research on these forums and the internet as a whole it seems this has been a very long and ongoing problem with the Autel software. Im almost positive at this point it is their software as it doesn't even have the requisite countdown timer for security access and they have the PATS functions in the body module folder which it is not in on this vehicle. Though I do like using the Autel line of equipment overall it begs me to question why I would be interested in buying their new dedicated tool for key programming when I can't trust the equipment I do have to do it when it says it's supposed to. If they can't get it right on previous tools they probably won't have it right on the new ones. 

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2020-01-01 21:23:56 (Reply to:Dan Fisk)

For a possible work around If it has a 104 PIN Ford ECU and uses a Ford style Immobilizer key blank ,What happens if you manually ID the 02 Mazda B2000 vehicle as a Ford Ranger and gave it a try?
     If you still within update period , did you try deleting the Ford and Mazda software and re download it and install?

•   Level 2   
    (12) points
    Emmanuel

2020-12-11 22:11:46

Hi the pats for that model is putting maualy by combination of key cycle, that's why it can't access via scantool

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2020-12-23 02:58:01 (Reply to:Emmanuel)

With PATS system As far as I'm aware You can only add an un-programmed key manually by cycling the ignition on for 3-5 seconds in succession with two programmed keys with unique IDs before doing it with the key to be programmed, and neither of the 2 programmed keys can be a clone of the other .

•   Level 6   
    (489) points
    tech54

2021-01-30 00:56:12 (Reply to:Dan Fisk)

Don't know about adding key with two programmed keys but check service information first. Moot point if two keys unavailable though. I believe Mazda doesn't even use the timed access method like Ford but rather you need to access an out-going code and then put the in-code for security. The one-time I've had to do this I was working with a subscription and had to call support for the in-code forget what I was replacing though.
  Total1 Pages